Monday 30 April 2012

Terrific Thursday - April 26

OOPS! I am so sorry! I had written up our final fabulous day and forgot to post it!  I am so sorry as I know I had put in the student's agendas to check the blog - so here is our final day!

Our amazing day started with our morning smile in which the students were working on a word search of "Miss Clarke's favourite things!"  We then read some of the Flat stories that arrived :)  The students were then off to drama....with their pencil crayons and markers (I began to wonder what was up...I found out later!).

After nutrition break the students and I made our very own rain drops using wax paper and tissue paper - they turned out so beautifully and we all had such a wonderful time working through the creative process!


After the second nutrition break the students had a surprise for me and I had a surprise for them!  I presented the class with a new book about animals as I know their next science unit is all about animals and many of the students LOVE animals!  The students then surprised me with a teacher's dream gift - a cart on wheels with a handle (hard to explain but amazing to carry all my stuff in!).  The students then presented me with a book about teaching advice from the Grade 2's - this was what the students were working on in drama, such sneaky kids! :)  The advice was too cute!  I then presented the students with brand new animal, sports, and spring pencils and a flower cookie!  We had a wonderful period reading through the different books and eating our cookies!

In the last period we went to the computer lab and finished up our mapping unit by reading books about people and places on bookflix!

THANK YOU so much to all my amazing students for making this teaching block so incredible!  I learned so much with the students and feel like this experience has made me become the teacher I always wanted to be.  To the parents and families of my amazing grade 2's, thank you for all the support you provided me as a new teacher and for taking part in the Flat Stanley project!  I have an incredible experience and will be back in a few weeks to volunteer!

Below are some pictures from our classroom that are new and amazing!!








No comments:

Post a Comment